It’s Time To Trade In Recycling Toters And Trash Bins
As part of the switch to a new trash hauler, please place your current recycling toters at the curb this Monday, October 26 for pickup by Waste Management. Please leave your trash bins out on Thursday, October 29 and Friday, October 30 for pickup by Waste Management.
The Board of Supervisors recently approved a new three-year waste and recycling contract with Republic Services beginning November 1 and running until October 31, 2023. The contract calls for a price of $28.19 a month per household in the first year, $29.18 in the second year and $30.20 in the final year. The monthly fee for low volume households is $18/month plus a charge of $3 per 30-gallon bag.
Leaf and yard waste in excess of eight bags per pickup will be $3 per bag. Grass clippings in excess of four bags per pickup will be $3 per bag. One bulk item per month is included for free. An extra bulk item is $75.
Republic Services are currently setting up all the accounts in their system and they will be sending out information to the residents about the new account and access to their accounts on their website during the last week of October. Please be patient while they work through setting up all the accounts. There will be no interruption of service to either the trash or recycling during the switch over.
Township Line Road (East) Closed Until November 5
Township Line Road (East) at Route 202 is closed until November 5 as part of the widening of Route 202.
The posted detour is Morris Road to Plymouth Road with local access only to Township Line Road. Please adjust your travel plans during the work.
October 27 Is The Last Day To Apply For Mail In Or Absentee Ballot
This Tuesday, October 27, is the last day to apply for a mail in or absentee ballot. Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m.
Montgomery County has finalized polling locations for November 3. Below are the locations for Lower Gwynedd.
|Lower Gwynedd 1-1||Gwynedd Mercy University, East Campus||1201 Sumneytown Pike||Gwynedd Valley|
|Lower Gwynedd 1-2||Church of the Messiah||1001 Dekalb Pike||Lower Gwynedd|
|Lower Gwynedd 1-3||Gwynedd Mercy University, East Campus||1201 Sumneytown Pike||Gwynedd Valley|
|Lower Gwynedd 1-4||Wissahickon High School||521 Houston Road||Ambler|
|Lower Gwynedd 2-1||Lower Gwynedd Township Building||1130 North Bethlehem Pike||Spring House|
|Lower Gwynedd 2-2||Wissahickon School Administration Building||601 Knight Road||Ambler|
The County Commissioners have approved 10 ballot drop off locations for the General Election. The closest drop off to Lower Gwynedd is at the Upper Dublin Township Building, 801 Loch Alsh Avenue. The ballot boxes are available for use from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays and from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
Township Has New Tax Collector
Linda Sacks has been appointed the Township’s interim tax collector. She replaces Betty Lou Yost, who stepped down from the position after 30 years of service to the residents of Lower Gwynedd Township.
The tax collector’s office is at 921 N. Bethlehem Pike. Walk-in office hours are every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Other office hours are by appointment only.
Additional Contact Information is below:
Mail: P.O. Box 640, Spring House, PA 19477
Drug Take Back Day Is Saturday
National Drug Take Back Day is this Saturday, October 24. The Lower Gwynedd Police Department will be a drop off location between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Drug Take Back Day is a safe, convenient and responsible way to dispose of unused or expired prescription drugs.
Halloween Safety Guidance
Halloween is just a week away. Montgomery County and the CDC have issued guidance for Halloween. Please visit the websites for tips.
Campaign Sign Recycling Available Starting November 4
Township Staff Available By Appointment
The Lower Gwynedd Township Building is open but appointments are necessary. Please call 215-646-5302 to schedule a visit. If possible, please conduct business online or by phone for the health and safety of yourself and staff.
- Lower Gwynedd Township coronavirus page
- Montgomery County coronavirus hub
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Lower Gwynedd Message 10 23 2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 10 16 2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 10-9-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 10-1-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 9-25-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 9-11-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 8-17-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 8-7-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 7-31-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 7-16-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 7-2-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 6-26-2020
- COVID - Small Business Grant Notification
- Lower Gwynedd Message 6-8-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 6-4-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 5-29-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 5-22-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 5-16-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 5-8-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 5-1-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 4-24-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 4-17-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Board Of Supervisors To Meet Virtually On April 14, 2020
- Update - April 3, 2020
- Township Building To Remain Closed To Public Next Week March 30 Through April 3
- Drive Thru COVID 19 Testing Site Sat March 21, 2020
- CERC Infectious Disease Fact Sheet
- CDC Protects And Prepares Communities
- What If You Have COVID 19
- Stop The Spread Of Germs COVID 19
- COVID19 Symptoms
- COVID 19 Facts
- COVID 19 And You
Lower Gwynedd Township
1130 N Bethlehem Pike
PO Box 625
Spring House, PA 19477
Phone: (215) 646-5302
Fax: (215) 646-3357
*COVID-19 Restrictions: Access to the Township Building is by appointment only.