Storm Drenches Township And Reinforces Need For Precautions
Tuesday’s storm unofficially dropped more than six inches of rain in parts of the Township. Despite the rain and high winds, the Township emerged relatively unscathed. Thank you to the Police Department, Public Works Department, North Penn and Wissahickon Fire Companies for their efforts during the day.
The flooding of some roads is a reminder of the importance of stopping before driving through high water. Crews were forced to help several drivers who attempted to navigate rising waters. This obviously endangers drivers but also risks police and fire personnel. Please remember the best advice is “Turn Around. Don’t Drown.”
RESTART Montco Aims To Help With COVID-19 Recovery
The Montgomery County Planning Commission has launched RESTART Montco, an initiative designed to help with recovery from COVID-19 restrictions.
RESTART Montco’s goal is to provide resources, inform, and encourage open dialogue and community collaboration on common issues around physical and land use environment that are key to facilitating a successful reopening. The effort is designed to be beneficial to municipal staff and officials, business owners, nonprofits, and the general public as our county deals with the unique and challenging threats and effects of the pandemic
Be Alert For Seed Packages Arriving By Mail
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture is warning residents to properly discard and report unordered and mislabeled seeds shipped from overseas.
Citizens across the nation have received seeds in packages labeled as jewelry and other items. The exact origin and nature of these seeds remain unknown and officials have expressed concern that they may contain plant diseases, weeds or invasive plants that could harm Pennsylvania’s agriculture industry and ecosystem.
If you receive unsolicited seeds, the Department of Agriculture recommends keeping them in the package. If the seeds are opened, double bag and seal the seeds. Do not plant or discard the seed.
You can report the package to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) confidential Anti-smuggling Hotline, by phone at 800-877-3835 or email Mail@aphis.usda.gov.
Remember To Look Before You Lock Your Car
In 2019, 52 children died of heatstroke because they were left or became trapped in a hot car. Children are more vulnerable to heatstroke. All hot car deaths are preventable. Please be sure to look before you lock your car.
Township Staff Remain Available By Appointment
The Lower Gwynedd Township Building is open but appointments are necessary. Please call 215-646-5302 to schedule a visit. If possible, please conduct business online or by phone to for the health and safety of yourself and staff.
The COVID-19 Relief Pennsylvania Statewide Small Business Assistance program will provide grants ranging from $5,000 to $50,000 to small businesses that have been economically impacted by COVID-19. This is not a first-come, first-served program. There will be multiple rounds of application windows.
- The first application window opened June 30th and closed at 11:59 PM on July 14th.
- The second application window will open at 9:00AM on August 10th and will remain open for 15 business days closing at 11:59PM on August 28th.
If you applied during the first application window, you do not need to reapply. Qualified applications will be automatically rolled over into the next funding round for consideration.
In order to get funds to businesses in need as quickly as possible, the second application window will be the final opportunity to apply for the program. The grant awards for businesses in the second application window will be made in two decision rounds for funding.
The PA CDFI Network will send emails with future updates. Sign-up for the mailing list.
- Lower Gwynedd Township coronavirus page
- Montgomery County coronavirus hub
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Lower Gwynedd Message 8-7-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 7-31-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 7-16-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 7-2-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 6-26-2020
- COVID - Small Business Grant Notification
- Lower Gwynedd Message 6-8-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 6-4-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 5-29-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 5-22-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 5-16-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 5-8-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 5-1-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 4-24-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Message 4-17-2020
- Lower Gwynedd Board Of Supervisors To Meet Virtually On April 14, 2020
- Update - April 3, 2020
- Township Building To Remain Closed To Public Next Week March 30 Through April 3
- Drive Thru COVID 19 Testing Site Sat March 21, 2020
- CERC Infectious Disease Fact Sheet
- CDC Protects And Prepares Communities
- What If You Have COVID 19
- Stop The Spread Of Germs COVID 19
- COVID19 Symptoms
- COVID 19 Facts
- COVID 19 And You
Lower Gwynedd Township
1130 N Bethlehem Pike
PO Box 625
Spring House, PA 19477
Phone: (215) 646-5302
Fax: (215) 646-3357
*COVID-19 Restrictions: Access to the Township Building is by appointment only.