Save Your Batteries!
And bring them to the township building for recycling! The Lower Gwynedd Environmental Advisory Council has installed a battery receptacle in the breezeway and invites township residents to dispose of your household batteries there rather than sending them to the landfill.
Household batteries include standard alkaline, nickel cadium (NiCd), lithium, button batteries and more (no car batteries!). Some small electronics like cell phones are also accepted.
Please see specific instructions (you may need to tape and/or bag certain batteries) and a list of acceptable batteries at the receptacle, which is located next to the prescription medicine receptacle in the breezeway of the township building.
Safe Battery Disposal Program
MATERIALS ACCEPTED AT THE TOWNSHIP BUILDING DROP OFF LOCATION
- Alkaline (standard) (tape 9-volt tops)
- Zinc Carbon
- Nickel Cadium (NiCd)
- Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH)
- Lithium-ion (bag or tape before dropping)
- Lithium Primary (bag or tape before dropping)
- Mercury Batteries
- Silver Oxide
- Button Cells
- Lead-Acid (non-spillable, no car batteries) (bag or tape before dropping)
- Small Electronics (cell phones, iPods, tablets, power tools, etc.)
Lower Gwynedd Township
1130 N Bethlehem Pike
PO Box 625
Spring House, PA 19477
Phone: (215) 646-5302
Fax: (215) 646-3357